October is the perfect time to explore Mississauga’s fiery tree canopies, scenic winding trails and immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of nature.
We’ve been looking forward to the leaves changing colour, sipping on pumpkin spice lattes and sweater weather. Spotting that one orange tree in a sea of green gives us all the excitement we need to hit the trails and breathe in the crisp autumn air.
The best part of it all? Mississauga is home to more than 500 parks, 300 publicly-owned woodlands and natural areas, plus more than 390 kilometres worth of trails that are waiting to be explored. Discover a scenic trail in your own backyard!
We’ve shortlisted a few hidden gems to help get you started:
- Cawthra Woods
- Lake Wabukayne
- Meadowvale Conservation Area
- Sawmill Valley Trail
- Hawthorne Valley Trail
- Woodland Chase Trail
Happy trails to you! Don’t forget to practice trail etiquette when visiting:
- No dumping, littering or pruning
- Stay on designated trails and keep dogs on a leash
- Brush off your clothes, shoes and pets before leaving the area to avoid spreading invasive species
- Share the trail: slow down when passing, stay to the right and watch out for others