- VFS Global has participated in 16 consular camps in 6 cities this year
- Consular services being brought to Indian diaspora’s doorstep in the USA
The Consulate General of India, Chicago in association with VFS Global, and local community organizations, will host a Consular Camp in Indianapolis, IN at HTCI 3350 N German Church Road, Indianapolis on September 24, Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The consular camp is part of a series of events the Consulate General of India, Chicago and VFS Global, are organizing with the support of local Indian Associations and Federations over the next few months to facilitate access to consular services for the Indian diaspora.
The process can be completed in 6 simple steps using ‘How to apply guidelines’ on the VFS Global website followed by scheduling an appointment for the camp.
- Applicants need to determine the type of service they need from Passport, OCI, Renunciation, Police Clearance Certificate, Visa, and GEP and meet the eligibility criteria for it.
- Complete the online application form on the Govt. of India website based on the service required. Print & sign the hard copy of the form and paste your photograph in the application form.
- Create a profile on the VFS Global website, pay fees and generate the payment confirmation letter.
- Book an appointment for the consular camp online.
- Arrive at the consular camp at your designated time and carry the printed form, supporting documents, proof of the online payment or money order and appointment confirmation email to the camp.
- VFS Global will review the applications and accept the completed applications at the Consular camp itself. Applicants will receive application process notifications via email/ SMS (if opted) September 27 onwards.
Sonia Dhayagude, Regional Head – Americas at VFS Global Services, says, “The Consular Camps have been well received and we are grateful to the Associations and Federations that have actively helped to make them possible. The sheer number of applications we have processed, are a testimony to its success. We look forward to bringing this service to applicant’s doorsteps at more places across the USA with the support of the Indian Consulate.”