With Diwali fast approaching, party preparations are top of mind!
To inspire South Asian Canadians to embrace their inner masti this Diwali, the Kurkure brand is excited to partner with media personality and foodie, Deepa Prashad, to offer helpful tips for celebrating the holiday! For example, why not put a Diwali spin on a charcuterie board with Desi favourites like samosas, chutneys and Kurkure snacks! Deepa likes using these flavourful snacks to fill spaces on her board.
Kurkure snacks will bring an explosion of familiar spicy, tangy flavours to Diwali celebrations with friends and family. With every bite, Kurkure Chilli Chatka and Masala Munch snacks (both are lacto-vegetarian products) will make this Diwali more Chatpati!
Please see below for Deepa’s tips for celebrating!
Deepa’s tips for a masti-filled Diwali!
- Choose your colour scheme. When you are preparing for your Diwali festivities, it’s important to consider your colour theme. The most popular colours used to celebrate Diwali are rosy reds, pure yellows, vivid magentas and bright oranges. This will help tie your decorations together for a cohesive look.
- Use a colourful tablecloth. Jazz up your table with colourful tablecloths that match your colour theme to help bring the spirit of Diwali to your home. Colourful tablecloths will be the first step in getting your table set and ready for hosting Diwali festivities with your friends and family!
- Decorate your table with floral & candle centrepieces. The beautiful bright colours and scents from an arrangement of flowers and glowing candles can boost the mood of your family and friends at your Diwali celebrations. These simple arrangements can help make your table setting feel very welcoming and extra special.
- Make an Indian-inspired charcuterie board. Put a Diwali spin on a charcuterie board with Desi favourites like samosas, chutneys and Kurkure snacks! These snacks are bursting with flavours in every crunchy bite and will take your Diwali charcuterie board to the next level! I love using both the Chili Chatka and Masala Munch snacks to fill up the empty spaces on the board with spicy and tangy flavours. You can also put Kurkure snacks in bowls around the room, so no one goes without!
- Serve mango lassi or spiced lemonade. Once your table and snacks are all perfectly set for your Diwali festivities, it’s time to pair them up with the perfect beverages! Sipping on chilled refreshing mango lassi or spiced lemonade help balance the flavourful festive treats like the tangy and spicy Kurkure Chili Chatka and Kurkure Masala Munch snacks.