The Redpath Waterfront Festival (RWF) is returning to Toronto with a ‘Water Weekend’ to celebrate the last official weekend of summer and its first in-person festival since 2019. On September 17 & 18, 2022, visitors can experience unique on-water and on-land programs in HTO Park and Sugar Beach including Theodore TOO Tugboat, live entertainment on two stages, Parks Canada, Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, local food and much more.
HTO Park highlights:
- Take a tour of the famous Canadian tugboat Theodore TOO and learn more about this iconic 90s character.
- Grab some sweet treats like Redpath Sugar cookies, BeaverTails, and whipped cheesecake and enjoy them in the Billy Bishop Airport Picnic Lounge.
- Enjoy live entertainment all weekend on the RBCXMusic Stage.
- Visit the Live Green Toronto team for interactive, fun and educational activities.
- Unfortunately, due to the death of Queen Elizabeth II, the Royal Canadian Navy has had to scale back their involvement in the festival significantly. Festival producers have been told that national mourning is to be adopted immediately by all Canadian Armed Forces members. Business is to continue as per normal but any involvement in an event that has a festive or celebration component is to be canceled or postponed as they are deemed to be inappropriate at this time. The Navy’s recruitment team will still be at the festival but a number of their other planned activities have been canceled.
Sugar Beach highlights:
- Have a picnic on Sugar Beach while listening to local talent on the Bayside Village Stage and enjoy local food and live entertainment at 200 Queens Quay E from 12pm-4pm each day.
- Learn about protecting our oceans and see the giant inflatable beaver with Parks Canada and IMPAC5.
- Try a virtual reality experience with Indigenous Tourism Ontario and see a 16ft birchbark canoe from Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
- Giveaways, games and activities from partners including Waterfront Toronto, Menkes and Queens Quay Terminal.
For additional information , please visit towaterfrontfest.com.